Saturday, May 7, 2016

Book Talk

Today I finally completed my book talk for my science methods class.  This was not my first time doing a book talk.  I recently just did a book talk with 10 different children's books for my Literacy Methods course, so the topic was not unfamiliar with me.


Producing a trailer, however, was a totally new experience.  I had never made a movie in my life, save for a couple 15 second ones captured on my phone in my high school days, so this was all new to me.  I used the website Animoto to create the trailer and it was very easy to use.  As you are well aware if you've been following this blog, I am not the best with technology.  I've probably made a reference to your great-great grandmother being able to use Facebook better than myself and its totally true.  Animoto however was extremely easy to use, and it created my trailer in just four steps. They just require an e-mail address to sign up and it's free.



There are watermarks on the sides of the film when you use the free version, however its nothing grotesque that ruins the quality of the film.  If you want them to go away, you just have to upgrade.  Overall this was a very fun experience and surprisingly quick.  If you want to check out the video I made for my book talk you can check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment