Thursday, March 3, 2016

After Two Weeks Off...

It seemed like months since I had last seen my classmates, however after two very relaxing weeks away we were back in the educational fold with our second group finally getting their turn at the proverbial plate.

Group two's topic was life science which I'm thankful that my group didn't get because I personally find life science to be a bit boring.  This however was not the case when group two presented their lesson.

Despite having a tough topic to keeps kids focused, the two of them presented a very engaging lesson and the kids, overall, were very well behaved.  The thing that impressed me the most about their presentation was how well the two members of the group worked together, and how fluid their lesson seemed to go.  Each group member had their power-point slides memorized and knew who was doing what and when.

The final part of their presentation was their lab that was a total hit with the kids.  In their lab,using a dichotomous key they made up, the 5 groups of two students had to sort flavored jelly beans based on size, shape, color, etc.  There was a catch though that made the groups really pay attention, and that was that one of the jelly beans was vomit flavored.  While I myself did not try it, I was given some sturdy testimonies that it did indeed taste like vomit.  At the end of the lesson this warning didn't seem to stop the kids, as a few of them went for the vomit bean anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment